Email marketing is growing and evolving. From the beginning of 2016, marketing strategy became one of the highest returns on investment (ROI), as 70% of digital marketers see email as the top medium for ROI. Besides that, there are over 215.3 billion emails are sent and received per day. 4% of sent emails are spam and 22% of opt-in emails don’t make it to the inbox.
So, it’s important to know how powerful email can be as a tool for marketing, promoting and growing brands and how can you send out emails like a professional.
First, learn how to get your emails opened & how to write killer subject lines:
- Promise something good.
- Learn from other experts.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Use numbers/statistics.
- Use an exclamation point!
- Tickle their curiosity.
- Use power words.
- Experiment and try to be different.
- Make sure you provide clear benefits.
- Ask a question.
- Use geo-location/localization.
- Throw in your personality (or your companies).
- Point out common mistakes.
- Use personalization (ex: you, your, etc.).
- Show a sense of urgency.
- Make the recipient feel special.
- Use emojis.
Second, learn how to get the most engagement out of your emails once they’re opened:
- Display a call-to-action early in your message near the top.
- Optimize your message for mobile.
- Use an attention-grabbing preheader.
- Go for small wins.
Third, learn about the best practice to avoid spam filters/folder:
- Be compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act.
- Don’t use misleading subject lines.
- Avoid spam trigger words.
- Don’t use purchased lists.
- Ask your readers to whitelist your email.