It is important for marketers and business owners to consider lead nurturing as an important marketing strategy because it helps you to convert your inbound traffic into real sales.
Lead nurturing focuses on marketing and communication efforts on listening to the needs of prospects besides providing the information and answers they need.
Why Do Businesses Need Lead Nurturing?
As talked about earlier, lead nurturing is the process of building effective relationships with potential customers throughout the buying journey.
Based on that, lead nurturing facilitates your buyer getting to know your business, with lead nurturing you spend time establishing a relationship with your buyer and building trust, which results in making communication with your buyer welcomed instead of intrusive.
The chart below shows why your business need lead nurturing
Lead nurturing will help your business with:
- Increasing the propensity to buy
- Relationship building
- Brand and thought leadership
- Decreasing the sales cycle
What Is a Lead Nurturing Strategy?
As a marketer, it is important for your business to include a lead nurturing strategy, therefore, you need to set goals, in light of that, consider the following goals.
- Consider these qualitative goals in order to have a successful lead nurturing strategy.
- make sure to engage in conversations with your buyers.
- keep in touch with your existing leads so they can call on your company when they need to.
- Make sure to Increase sales productivity by distributing only sales-ready leads,
- Turn dormant leads to active leads.
- Consider converting sales inquiries to qualified prospects over time.
- Move your buyers through their buying journey at an accelerated pace.
What Is a Lead Nurturing Marketing Calendar?
As Marketo mentioned when creating your lead nurturing strategy, do not think about nurture in isolation. Think about how nurture fits into the other marketing communications you send. In light of that, you need to take a look at your whole marketing calendar to decide what other communications your leads receive.
A marketing calendar is what you need to cover your marketing activities for the entire year such as most aspects of a business plan. It is a way to see all of your campaigns in one place, that way you know exactly what database email and nurture campaign send are going out in any given week.
The marketing calendar below is an ideal place to ensure you are not over marketing to the same people.
Lead Nurturing Marketing Calendar
Download the full guide and dive in more details about:
- Creating a lead nurture strategy
- How to nurture leads across channels
- How to segment a lead database
- How to choose appropriate content for every lead nurture track and audience
- How to get the most value from lead nurturing with testing and optimization
- How to measure and explain lead nurturing’s return on investment (ROI)
The Table of Content of “The Definitive Guide to Lead Nurturing 2020”:
- Why should I read The Definitive Guide to Lead Nurturing?
- Part I: What is lead nurturing?
- Defining lead nurturing
- Why does my business need lead nurturing?
- Part II: Lead nurturing strategy
- Goal setting
- Technology selection
- Nurture as part of your overall marketing strategy
- Marketo Engage customer case study: Comvita
- Part III: Who to nurture
- Defining a lead
- Lead scoring
- List building
- Database health
- Marketo Engage customer case study: Oktopost
- Part IV: Multichannel lead nurturing
- Nurturing in a multichannel world
- Part V: Content
- Content strategy
- Align content formats to customer buying cycle
- The types of nurture content
- The anatomy of a lead nurture email
- Email creation best practices
- Part VI: Basic lead nurture segmentation
- Why do you need segmentation?
- The two dimensions of segmentation
- Part VII: Advanced lead nurture segmentation
- Behavioral segmentation
- Specialized campaigns
- Late-stage lead nurture campaigns
- Worksheet: create your lead nurture matrix
- Part VIII: Testing and optimization
- Why you must test
- Part IX: Calculating the ROI of lead nurturing
- Basic lead nurturing email measurements
- Advanced measurements
Number of Pages: