Nowadays, social media plays an important role in marketing. As a marketer, you have to know every social platform, including the new one “TikTok“, to use it as a means for marketing.
If you’re not a marketer yet and finding your way to marketing through this application then continue reading the ‘Influencer Marketing Hub‘ guide will help you where to start from and how to use TikTok marketing.
Let’s have a look at TikTok’s history and how to use it in your marketing activities.
TikTok Marketing: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners 2020
What Is TikTok?
- It is a platform that encourages its users to upload short and enthusiastic videos of themselves lip-syncing to music videos.
- It is not limited to lip-syncing only, its usage has become more variable over the years. You can share your talents and skills through videos too.
- You can upload a video up to 60 seconds but most users upload a 15 seconds video.
- If you’re keeping up with the updates of social media and applications then you will know that TikTok was previously called Musical.Ly. It was rebranded after being bought by Bytedance in 2017.
Who Uses TikTok? An Overview on TikTok Users
- Tiktok has international appeal, with large numbers of users in the USA, India, and in the form of Douyin, China. It is recorded that 500 million people globally use TikTok monthly.
- 43% of TikTok users globally come from India.
- 66% of TikTok users are under 30 years old, it is extremely popular with people who are between 16-24 years old.
- TikTok has grown tremendously in 2018. The app was the most downloaded free iOS app over the first half of 2018. It also topped Google Play in October 2018. Overall, TikTok ranked third in the world in November 2018.
- Users downloaded TikTok more than 660 million times in 2018 alone, with a further 188 million downloads during Q1 2019 and 13 million in January 2020.
TikTok Had Over 1.1 Billion Installs During March 2019
How to Go Viral Using TikTok Marketing?
You can go viral on every platform if you use it properly. Listed below how to go viral and what are TikTok features.
- The bedrock to make your content viral is Hashtags!
- the best-known challenge was US tv personality, Jimmy Fallon’s #tumbleweedchallenge. He challenged users to upload videos showing themselves dropping to the ground and roll around like a tumbleweed, complete with a western music theme playing in the background. This led to over 8,000 submissions and more than 10.4 million engagements. Jimmy Fallon has continued to give TikTok challenges back since then.
- Launch a Hashtag and make everyone participate with just a few clicks. Brands can also encourage Hashtag challenges.
- Another way to get your Hashtag viral is to work with influencers to make their followers engage with the Hashtag.
- In order to use the platform properly, you need to know what are the features of TikTok. It allows users to engage in duets with other users, partake in challenges, and even set up live streams!
- All of these features have been used to reach out to audiences on the application and market products & services.
What’s in “Your Ultimate TikTok Marketing Guide for Beginners 2020”:
- TikTok Enjoys More than 800 Million Installs
- What is TikTok?
- Who Uses Tiktok?
- How can brands use TikTok?
- Hashtag Challenges
- User-Generated content
- Traditional influencer marketing
- Tiktok advertising
Number of Pages: