There are many metrics and signals that YouTube takes into account, but the number 1 ranking factor is “Watch Time”. So creating content that keeps the viewer hooked is now the most import determining a video’s success.
Read the below tips to increase watch time for better YouTube ranking:
- Create engaging, entertaining content and build your subscriber base. Put in your mind that active, engaged, and enthusiastic subscribers will lead to a higher rate of accumulated “Watch Time” from the moment you publish new content.
- Hook the viewer within the first 15 seconds and give them a reason to stay as long as possible.
- Choose the right title and thumbnail. It is very critical for SEO. Use the most accurate, descriptive titles and thumbnails.
- Create interactive end cards. Try to extend viewer time spent in that particular session through promoting other video content that they can then click on to watch.
- Use annotations to keep the viewer engaged throughout. Keep in mind that once the viewer clicks and leaves YouTube, the session has ended. So, external linking can be a smart act.
- Create playlists & drive a linear viewing experience, So they may watch more of your content.