Nobody likes online advertising, but they exist because people understand that they are necessary. Millions of websites, including some of the largest internet companies, depend on advertising as their main source of revenue. Websites can control how many ads they will show, how intrusive or annoying the ads will be, their size, their position, and many more. All these affect the user experience and through the site browsing journey and how much disutility a user will get from these ads.
Take a glance at the top motivations of using Ad-blocking tools, 2019:
- Too many ads are ranked as the main reason for using ad-blocking programs with a rate of 48%.
- Ads are annoying or irrelevant is ranked as the second top motivation factor for using ad-blocking programs with a rate of 47%.
- Ads are too intrusive come at next as a motivation factor for using ad-blocking programs with a rate of 44%.
- Ads contain viruses or bugs & it takes too much screen space are also listed as motivation reasons for using ads blocking programs by surveyed internet users with a rate of 38%.
- Speeding up page loading time come at next as a motivation factor for using ad-blocking tools with a rate of 33%.
A Chart Shows The Top Motivations of Using Ad-Blocking Tools, 2019.