Nowadays, retailers need to offer their consumers the most possible great customer service as well as ensuring a smooth transition between shopping on the Internet and in the store if they want to provide a unique shopping experience and resulting customer retention that ultimately increases their sales. The way that customers shop is changing rapidly with the introduction of mobile commerce. Earning sales can be difficult for retailers in the increasingly crowded mobile landscape, and the relationships they have with their customers is becoming increasingly complex. Many retailers are still learning how to become omnichannel brands in a way that is impactful and sustainable. Personalized customer engagement is a huge driver of sales and customer loyalty.
Take a glance at the aspects of retail shopping experiences that consumers value the most, 2019:
- Quick and easy checkouts are ranked as the top reason that makes consumers value retail the retail shopping experience at a rate of 83%.
- Earning rewards or loyalty points is ranked as the second reason that makes consumers value their retail shopping experience with a rate of 58.7%.
- Free or easy returns comes at next as an aspect that makes surveyed consumers values retail shopping with a rate of 56.7%.
- Click & collect/Buy online pick up in store also listed as a reason for surveyed consumers that makes them like their retail shopping experience with a rate of 44.3%.
- Personalized offers, experiences, and communications are ranked as a reason by surveyed consumers that makes them also value their retail shopping experience at a rate of 37.1%.
A Graph Shows The Aspects of Retail Shopping Experiences That Global Consumers Values The Most, 2019.