2020 has changed everything and many industries have seen a big increase, one of these is the gaming industry.
As people looked for new forms of entertainment besides ways to stay connected with others. More people were playing, watching, besides streaming than ever before, bringing in new gamers as well as re-engaging lapsed players.
Check the games marketing insights for 2021 below.
Weekly Gaming Activities:
According to the games marketing insights for 2021, over the US, UK, and Germany, new gamers were significantly more likely to engage in social activities within the game, such as playing with others online, participating in in-game tournaments, or getting/giving advice on how to play better. In South Korea, the cohorts engaged equally in these types of activities.
Moreover, the chart below explains the weekly gaming activities in the US:
- Based on the gaming marketing insights, 87% of new gamers/existing gamers like to play by themselves.
- However, 50% of new gamers like to play with friends/family online, on the other side, only 34% of existing players like to do so.
- There are 38% of new gamers who participate in in-game tournaments and only 23% of existing players do so.
- Additionally, 28% of new gamers join a club, team, guild, or a clan in a game, but only 17% of existing players do so.
- According to the above chart, 35% of new gamers in Germany like to play with friends/family online, and only 26% of existing players do so.
- However, 33% of new gamers connect their social media account to the game, and 27% of existing players do so.
- 22% of new gamers use a standalone app to talk with friends/family online while playing, on the other hand, 15% of existing players do this.
Games Marketing Insights in 2021:
According to the games marketing insights in 2021, new gamers top 3 reasons for spending and existing gamers top 3 reasons for spending in the US and the UK.
- Based on the charts, 41% of new gamers in the US say they spend money to personalize their character/account.
- However, new gamers in the UK, with a percentage of 36% say they spend money to stay competitive against others.
- Anyhow, the top reason for spending according to new gamers in the US, with a percentage of 43% is to make the game exciting again. And in the UK with a percentage of 45%.
- According to the games marketing insights, the top reason for existing players in the US that make them spend money, with a percentage of 41% is to make the game exciting again.
- On the other hand, in the UK, with a percentage of 36% is to complete a game item/gear collection.