It is reported that the current COVID-19 pandemic is heavily influencing TV and streaming consumption patterns in 2020. Also, in some cases, streaming does come with ads, so it is not all bad news for the TV advertising market.
Without further ado, let’s go through these traditional TV and streaming insights in 2020.
The TV Is The Go-To Device When Streaming:
Obviously, streaming is here to stay with increasing indications that it is at the expense of traditional TV, even though there are some seismic shifts in the streaming section.
- According to traditional TV and streaming insights, The TV is the go-to device when streaming.
- In the US, 58% of people use TV when streaming or downloading TV, series, or movies. The percentage gets higher 64% in the UK.
- On the other side, in the US people use connected TV with a percentage of 40% and in the UK with a percentage of 34%.
- Based on the traditional TV and streaming insights, 47% of people in Germany use computers when it comes to streaming, however, 57% of people in Germany use TV when it comes to streaming or downloading TV, series, or movies.
- Moreover, in Finland, 59% of people use TV when it comes to streaming, on the other side, only 28% use Tablets.
Check the full report about traditional TV and streaming insights here.
Traditional TV and Streaming Insights: One-third of Disney+ Subscribers Think the Streaming Service Is Better Than Expected
As reported in the traditional TV and streaming insights, One-third of Disney+ subscribers think the streaming service is better than expected.
The chart below answers the question “how many Disney+ subscribers think that the streaming service has lived up to their expectations?”
- According to the chart, 36% of Americans think it is better than expected, along with 48% who think it is as expected.
- Based on traditional TV and streaming insights, 43% in the UK think the streaming service is better than expected. However, also 43% said it is as expected.
- In Finland, only 25% think the streaming experience is worse than expected.
- In addition to 16% in Norway think that the streaming experience is worse than expected.
Make sure to download the full report here.