Social media usage continued to grow significantly across the Arab world, especially during the “Arab Spring” social media played a critical role in most of the popular movements in the region. coupled with major shifts in usage trends. Once used merely as a tool for social networking and entertainment, social media now infiltrates almost every aspect of the daily lives of millions of Arabs, affecting the way they interact socially, do business, and engaging with the government through the various social media platforms.
Take a glance at the state of social media use in Egypt, 2018 by Crowd Analyzer:
- The total number of Egyptian twitter active users reached 2 million.
- The total number of male users are 1 million while female users are 791 thousand.
- The number of users who access the platform via Android devices are 1 million, compared to 643 thousand users who access via iPhone.
- The total number of millennial users are 668 thousand, while generation X are 1.5 million users.
- The total number of users who access the platform who uses the Arabic interface are 1 million users, compared to 420 thousand users who use the platform in an English interface.
A Graph Shows Twitter Users Insights in Egypt.