67% of Americans get at least some of their news on social media. Here are some of their demographics according to each social media platform:
- Females are more likely to depend on Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram to get news than males.
- Males depend more on LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter respectively for the same purpose.
- The younger generation in the US – aged 18-29 years – depends mainly on Snapchat to get news with a rate of 82% and then Instagram with 51%.
- The Higher educated users are more likely to depend on LinkedIn (59%) and Twitter (45%) than other users.
- Snapchat and Instagram news consumers are considerably more likely to be nonwhite.
Graph Shows the Demographics of Social Media News Users in US | 2017.