A sample of 3589 European consumers in 7 countries (US, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, and Italy) was surveyed online to know how delivery now represents a key differentiating factor that has a significant impact on the consumer purchasing decision.
The deep insights into what people really want from delivery:
- 43% of consumers who faced a negative delivery experience, wouldn’t return to that retailer within a month, 38% said they are possible to never shop with that retailer ever again.
- 87% of consumers were more likely to shop again with an online retailer, resulting from a positive delivery experience.
- Over 70% of consumer surveyed had bought goods from Amazon, 56% had purchased from a retailer’s e-commerce website, 49% had utilized online marketplaces like eBay or Etsy, and 38% had bought online from a brand or manufacturer’s e-commerce site.
- Slow delivery (40%), damaged or incorrect product (30%), and lack of precision (29%) were the top problem areas for consumers in terms of delivery.
- 72% of respondents affirmed they would be very likely to shop with retailers that made the entire returns process easier to use.
- 71% of respondents had purchased more than one item to take advantage of a minimum spend ‘free delivery’ option.
- In the last 12 months, 33% of respondents had purchased goods overseas between 2 & 5 times, and the highest rate was in France (39%).
A Graph Shows The Most Important Delivery Considerations.