In the past decade, there has been a dramatic change in the way consumers have handled their shopping. Although consumers continue to purchase from a physical store, they tend to shop online since it frees the customer from personally visiting the store.
online shopping has its advantages as it reduces the effort of traveling to a physical store. Decisions can be made from home at ease looking at various choices and prices can be easily compared with the competitor’s products to arrive at a decision.
This enables the e-retailers to support their online customers better by developing a suitable marketing strategy in order to attract and convert potential customers to active ones by encouraging them in an efficient way to make a purchase decision.
CPC Strategy asked 2,000 Amazon shoppers prominent questions regarding their shopping behavior.
Let’s take a quick glance at the top-line findings…
The Key Findings of “The Amazon Consumer Shopping, 2019” Report:
- 75% of surveyed shoppers reported that they use Amazon to discover new products or brands.
- 2% of surveyed shoppers mentioned that they are more willing to buy a brand they’re not familiar with on Amazon than they would be at any other store.
- 53% of surveyed consumers spend at least $50 or more on Amazon monthly.
- 70% of Amazon shoppers are either moderately or very concerned about counterfeit products on Amazon.
- 77% of Amazon shoppers indicated that they did not make purchases on Black Friday weekend 2018.
- 52% of Amazon shoppers prefer to purchase products by using their desktop computer or laptop.
- 7% of Amazon shoppers made a purchase via a voice-enabled device in the last six months.
- 72% of Amazon shoppers check prices on other websites.
- 2% of Amazon shoppers said that they rarely notice ads on Amazon.
- Electronics, computers, & office is the most purchased product category frequently from Amazon by surveyed shoppers with a rate of 35%.
A Graph Shows the Most Used Devices When Shoppers Purchase Products From Amazon in 2019
The Content of “The Amazon Consumer Shopping, 2019” Report:
- The Brands.
- The Device.
- The Search Experience.
- The Decision.
Number of Pages:
This survey was commissioned by CPC Strategy and conducted by Survata, an independent research firm in San Francisco. Survata interviewed 2001 online respondents between February 19, 2019, and February 25, 2019.