A content management system (CMS) manages the creation and modification of digital content. These systems typically support multiple users in a collaborative environment, allowing to perform document management with different styles of governance and workflows. Usually, the content is a website (or part of it) and the term commonly refers to web content management systems.
A content management strategy is a structured plan to create, publish, and govern your organization’s content and data. A content management strategy is critical to organizational survival, as it underpins effective information management, which is vital to surviving and thriving in the digital age that we’re living in now.
The Key Findings of the “Content Management & Strategy, 2019” Report:
- Content creation is ranked as a top area of involvement with strategic content management with a rate of 89%.
- Business goals/objectives are ranked as the main elements that should be included in a content management strategy with a rate of 94%.
- Content taxonomy is ranked as the most content-related structure used in organizations with a rate of 59%.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)/keyword research is ranked as the most used content development aid by surveyed respondents who manage content strategically in their organizations with a rate of 77%.
- Communication between teams so everyone is on the same page is ranked as the most strategic content management challenge in 2019 with a rate of 65%.
- 70% of content management professionals surveyed reported that their organization has undertaken a content inventory and audit.
- 42% reported that their organization hasn’t acquired the right technology to manage content across the enterprise.
A Graph Shows The Main Reasons of Why Organizations Don’t Take a Strategic Approach to Manage Content, 2019.
The Content of “Content Management & Strategy, 2019” Report:
- Sponsor’s Message.
- Key Findings.
- Use of Strategic Approach.
- Strategic Management of Content.
- Opinions About Content Management.
- Content Management Processes.
- Overall Success.
- Content Management Technology.
- Strategic Content Creation.
- Strategic Content Management Challenges.
Number of Pages:
Content management institute emailed the survey invitations on January 29, 2019, and sent a reminder email on February 11, 2019. By February 21, 2019, 250 usable surveys had been returned by respondents. Seventy-six percent indicated their organization takes a strategic approach to managing content; of those, 97% indicated they are involved (directly or indirectly) with some aspect of strategic content management in their organization.