Building a subscriber base is a key content marketing goal. That’s why content marketing in Australia is increasing in a very fast-paced way, with 85% of Australian content marketers have become more focused on building an audience, compared with only 69% last year.
Find out more insights into the state of content marketing in 2017 and trends of 2018:-
Usage of Content Marketing in Australian Organizations:
- 85% of Australian respondents use content marketing.
- 42% indicated that they have a small content marketing team serves the entire organization.
- 55% claimed that they outsource content creation (e.g., writers, designers, video production), while 41% didn’t outsource any content marketing activities.
Content Marketing Commitment & Overall Success:
- Just 9% said their organizations are extremely committed to content marketing, while 34% are very committed.
- 22% indicated that their organizations are extremely/very successful in content marketing.
- Only 18% claimed that their organizations’ content marketing is much more successful compared to last year, and 48% indicated that they’re somewhat more successful.
Content Marketing Strategy & Technologies:
- 43% reported that their organizations have a documented content marketing strategy, and 38% have a non-documented one.
- Analytics tools were the main tools used for managing content marketing efforts with a rate of 88%, followed by email marketing technology with 78%.
Content Creation & Distribution:
- Social media posts (excluding videos) and videos are the most used type of content that Australian marketers use for content marketing purposes with rates of 90% & 75%, respectively.
- Social media posts (excluding videos), case studies and videos were the most effective types of content marketing that Australian use with rates of 56%, 46% & 43%, respectively.
- Emails (e.g., newsletters, welcome emails) is the most used format that Australian marketers use to distribute content with a rate of 91%.
A Chart Shows the Main Content Marketing Activities That Australian Marketers Outsource in 2017
Data were driven from 120 respondents who indicated their organization is for-profit in Australia. The survey was conducted during June and July 2017.