For the 8th year in a raw, We Are Social has released its “Digital 2019” report in a partnership with Hootsuite. With thousands of charts across more than 200 global and local reports, this year’s series is one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date studies of today’s connected world.
Let’s take a quick glance at the top line findings:
A Quick Glance at Internet Use in 2019
- 5.112 billion is the number of unique mobile users worldwide in 2019, with an increase of 2% than the last year.
- 4.388 billion is the number of active internet users in 2019, with an increase of 9.1% than the last year.
- Northern Europe (95%), Northern America (95%), and Western Europe (94%) dominate the highest internet penetration rates.
- Internet users, around the whole world, spend an average of 6 hours and 42 minutes online on a daily base.
A Figure Shows the Internet Users (2014 – 2019) With Year-on-year Change
A Quick Glance at Social Media Use in 2019
- 3.484 billion is the total number of active social media users in 2019, with an increase of 9% than the last year.
- 3.256 billion is the total number of active mobile social media users in 2019.
- Qatar and UAE have the highest social media penetration reached 99% in 2019, followed far by Taiwan (89%).
- Females are more likely than males to use social media networks.
- UAE has the highest rate of Facebook penetration (105%), while Turkey and Sweden have the highest rate of Instagram penetration (58% for both of them).
- Saudi Arabia grabbed the highest Twitter and Snapchat penetration (43% & 52%, respectively), while the Netherlands grabbed the highest LinkedIn penetration.
A Map Shows the Social Media Penetration by Region During Jan. 2019
A Quick Glance at Top E-commerce Stats in 2019
- 29% of the total worldwide population makes online purchases and/or pays bills online.
- 18% has a credit card, while only 4.4% has a mobile money account.
- 84% of internet users have searched online for a product or service to buy, compared to 75% who have already purchased online.
- Mobile is the most used device to make online shopping with a rate of 55%.
A Figure Shows the E-commerce Use Amongst Internet Users by Country
Number of Pages: