The countdown to Ramadan 2018 has begun. Ramadan is less than one month away!
Ramadan is the largest advertising moment in MENA
For most advertisers, it is the busiest ad season of the year. Actually, the brand’s activities during Ramadan is reflecting on the rest of the year.
- During Ramadan, the consumer spends increases by 53%.
- This season is unique because changes occur before, during and after Ramadan finishes. The broadcasted content on YouTube peaks during Ramadan and up to two weeks after the end of the holy month.
Youtube is your key to unlocking the Ramadan Advertising season online
More advertisers move to YouTube during Ramadan because of:
YouTube Ads vs. TV Ads
- The number of views on YouTube has increased 3X during Ramadan in comparison to TV during the last three years.
- The clutter on TV during Ramadan is 2X the norm with ad breaks increasing up to 50%, making your advertising message a lot less likely to be noticed.
- The cost of TV prices increases by 2.5X during Ramadan representing 27% of the gross local and Pan-Arab TV expenditure happening in MENA, while YouTube stays fixed with Google Preferred rates.
- Smartphone penetration reached 60% across MENA (91% in UAE) while demand for smart TVs increased by 10X in the last 5 years making YouTube the largest ad supported digital platform that works across every single screen: mobile, desktop, tablet and TV.
Viewer Ad preference during Ramadan (TV indexed to 100)
The 5 keys to mastering content in Ramadan 2018:
- Use the storytelling approach and connect with your audience using multi-story series rather than using the 1 same content throughout Ramadan.
- Give back to society – a concept loved by audiences during Ramadan.
- Content should address real user needs, true passions and relevant real-life issues – be authentic.
- Base your strategy on reliable consumer insights.
- Take advantage of the Eid period, when searches for certain categories, such as travel, beauty and fashion peak.