Holiday shopping season is a highly tracked time full of analytics, statistics, behaviors, and trends. AdColony has conducted a new survey investigates the shopping behavior and preferences of consumers across the Asia Pacific region during the 2018 shopping season. The study dug deeper on how mobile device plays a vital role in the buying journey.
Key Findings of Holiday Shopping Survey 2018:
- Approximately 64% of holiday shoppers in the Asia Pacific region are between 18 and 74 years old.
- The smartphone is the main device used for shopping at a rate of 78%.
- Almost half of shoppers always use it for purchasing.
- Apparel is the most purchased category on mobile devices during the holiday season (52%), followed far by Home Goods (20%).
- 49% have purchased something on their mobile device, directly from an advertisement and 79% will do so if the product were relevant to them.
2 Pie Charts Show the Interaction with Ads in the Asia Pacific During the 2018 Holiday Shopping Season
Content of “Holiday Shopping Survey 2018: APAC” Report:
- About the study.
- Holiday shoppers’ demographics.
- Devices used to make online purchases.
- The role of mobile during the holiday shopping season.
- Top products purchased.
- Consumer interactions with ads.
Number of Pages:
The AdColony Holiday Shopping Survey 2018 was distributed globally and garnered more than 1,000 responses. This report focuses on the results from the Asia Pacific region (Singapore, Philippines, Australia, & New Zealand). Respondents are aged 14 years old to over 75 years old.