Internet users are increasing in an incredibly way year over the year. Global internet users reached 3.4 billion in 2017 with a flat growth +10%.
But also smartphone sales and Internet penetration growth are slowing. The information below represents the most recent data on major internet trends:
- Internet advertising in the USA is increasing year-over-year. It reached totaled $73 billion in 2016 after $60 billion in 2015.
- Google and Facebook control 82% of online ad growth.
- 56% of social advertisers use engagement metrics to measure success.
- 61% of respondents consider measuring ROI as their top challenge facing them.
- The share of retail paid clicks on Google in the USA totaled 52% in 2016.
- Qatar Airways achieved the highest leveraging of UGC on Instagram, followed by Red Bull then BMW.
- 60% of respondents said that the ease of access to online support channels is the best for organizations to improve in customer service.
- eSports are exploding, with viewing time up 40% year over year, and an equal number of millennials strongly preferring eSports vs traditional sports.
- 53% of the total monthly eSports viewers aged 21-35.
- 60% of the most highly valued tech companies in the USA were founded by first or second-generation Americans while 50% of the top private startups were founded by first-gen immigrants.
- Although smartphone prices remain too high in India, falling data costs are driving increasing Internet adoption.
A Graph Shows The Global Internet Users & Growth Rate.