Consumers all over the world become more reliant on their mobile devices than at any time before. Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices also become a true travel companion transforming the way travelers discover the world and play an essential role in the whole travel experience.
To identify the key insights of depending on the mobile devices in European travel markets, read the points below:
- In Europe, smartphone penetration has reached 64.7% and is expected to hit 67% in 2018.
- Germany, Italy, and Spain are the top 3 countries by mobile session growth.
- Americans, British, and Spanish are much more willing to book via mobile.
- On average 40% of eDreams ODIGEO’s customers surveyed booking their flights using mobile devices in less than seven days from travel.
- Although travelers use mobile devices in an increasing rate in finding travel inspiration and exploring travel options, the desktop is still the most commonly used platform for bookings
- The majority of mobile bookings take place during the summer months and are more likely to be for last minute trips.
- The top destinations for the Uk travelers on mobile are Amsterdam, Paris & Bucharest.
- The top destinations for USA travelers on mobile are Las Vegas, Orlando, and Fort Lauderdale.
A Graph Shows The Mobile Share Traffic and Purchase in Europe.