The stakes are high for the 2019 holiday shopping season…
How do consumers in North America shop during this outstanding shopping season? What is motivating them to make online purchases using mobile devices? Online shopping Vs. in-store shopping; who is the winner this holiday?
keep reading and download the full study to find answers for all these questions and more…
The State of Mobile Shopping During Holiday Shopping Season 2019 in North America—A Quick Glance:
- 56% of online shoppers in North America use the smartphone to make online purchases. It’s the most used device to make online purchases during the holiday shopping season 2019.
- 10% of North American consumers believe mobile shopping to be more secure than desktop.
- 39% prefer to shop in-app, and 22% prefer to shop in a mobile browser.
- Clothes and home goods are the most frequently purchased items on mobile devices during the holiday shopping season.
- The vast majority of North American consumers (81%) said they have purchased gifts on their mobile device.
- More than 7 in 10 consumers in North America would purchase something on their mobile device directly from an ad if the product was relevant to them.
2 Pie Charts Show the Effect of Online Ads on Mobile Shopping in North America During Holiday Season 2019
Related: The Pet Effect: 2019 Holiday Shopping Report | Rover
Content of “Holiday Shopping Survey—North America, 2019”:
- About the study.
- Devices Used to Make Online Purchases
- How often do consumers shop on their mobile devices?
- Mobile Shopping Security
- In-App vs. Mobile Browser
- What do consumers purchase on a mobile device?
- Buying Gifts
- Purchasing from an Advertisement
- Purchasing Online vs. In-Store
- Online vs. In-Store Shopping Frequency
- Shopping Experiences on Mobile
- How important is having a mobile device with you while shopping in-store?
- Top Ways Consumers Use their Mobile Device
Number of Pages:
Data were driven from over 1,300 responses. This report focuses on results specifically from North America. Respondents are aged 14 years old to over 75.