Consumers around the whole world, not in the US only, are still most motivated by one key holiday shopping fundamental: A good deal. Based on this principle, BDO has conducted a survey on a sample of over 1000 American shoppers to investigate their purchasing behavior planned for the upcoming holiday season.
Key Takeaways of the Holiday Shopping in the US:
- About 20% of consumers in the US shop online specifically to avoid paying sales taxes.
- 46% of online shoppers in the US would change their shopping habits.
- US consumers would be primarily shopping at discount retailers if they offer the lowest prices.
- Price is the most important decision-maker across all categories, followed by the brand name and product reviews.
A Graph Shows the Shopping Destinations in the US During the Holiday Season
Content of “The BDO Holiday Shopping 2018” Report:
- New Online Sales Taxes Could Upend Shoppers’ Hunt for Deals.
- If You Can’t Compete on Price, Compete on Service.
- Consumers Flock to Destinations That Deliver Their Version of Value.
- Most Important Decision-maker Across Categories.
Number of Pages:
Data is based on a sample of 1,004 U.S. adults age 18 and older. The survey was conducted in September 2018 using ORC International’s CARAVAN®.