Mobile advertising is one of the most effective forms of digital advertising to spread awareness or to stimulate purchases of a product or service as the average time an individual spends on mobile devices is growing daily. The growth of mobile advertising has evolved rapidly and it has a greater reach and penetration compared to other media.
Mobile advertising through mobile applications is gaining popularity among companies in recent years due to the ability to grow their client base, foster brand awareness, build goodwill with existing or potential clients, and monetize the mobile channel.
The Key Findings of “The Move Toward In-App Advertising Report, 2019” Report:
- 86% of surveyed organizations reported that they consider the in-app video to be of above-average quality.
- 77% of surveyed companies mentioned that they consider the quality to be above average for the in-app display.
- 80% of surveyed firms reported that they use cost-per-click, while 74% of firms indicated that they use cost-per-acquisition.
- 52% of surveyed brands reported that the fear of fraud is the main challenge of in-app advertising.
- 44% of surveyed brands mentioned that the viewability measurement is a challenge that they face when it comes to in-app video.
- 56% of respondents said that they experienced better audience targeting with their in-app advertising and in-app video.
- 54% of respondents mentioned that they received more effective customer engagement from in-app ads and in-app video.
A Graph Showing The benefits of programmatic in-app advertising and video excluding social media, to a campaign, 2019.
The Content of “The Move Toward In-App Advertising Report, 2019” Report:
- Executive Summary.
- Advertising Is Becoming Increasingly Digital, Mobile, And App Focused.
- Advertisers Struggle But Feel That Publishers And Ad Technology Providers Could Ease The Pain.
- Despite Challenges, Marketers Find Value In In-App Advertising.
- Key Recommendations.
Number of Pages:
Forrester conducted an online survey of 336 organizations in the US, UK, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and Singapore to evaluate the state of programmatic in-app advertising at media-buying organizations. Survey participants included decision-makers in media-buying or -planning roles at brands, agencies, and advertising technology companies. The study began in October 2018 and was completed in November 2018.