Instagram influencer marketing is on the rise. 2018 was a big year for Instagram influencer marketing with a growth rate of over 39% and over 2.1 million sponsored posts on the platform.
The new end-of-year numbers generated and compiled by Klear, a leading influencer marketing platform, summarized the state of influencer marketing in 2019 by analyzing over 2M Instagram feed posts that included #ad hashtags during 2018.
The Key Findings of the State of Influencer Marketing 2019:
- 400 million people view Instagram Stories every day, with 1 out of 3 sponsored posts is an Instagram Story.
- Women continue to dominate influencer marketing, with 84.6% of sponsored posts were posted by women.
- Brands prefer micro-influencers over celebrities, with 84% of sponsored posts were posted by micro-influencers.
- Millennials posted over 50% of sponsored posts.
- Brazil, Canada, and Japan grabbed the highest year-over-year growth of Instagram sponsored feed posts.
A Figure Shows the Fastest Growing Countries in Influencer Marketing in 2018
The Content of “The State of Influencer Marketing 2019” Report:
- Executive Summary
- Key Finding #1: Double-Digit Growth in 2018
- Key Finding #2: The Rise of Instagram Stories
- Key Finding #3: Women Continue to Dominate Influencer Marketing
- Key Finding #4: Brands Focus on Micro-Influencers
- Key Finding #5: Brazil, Canada, and Japan had the highest YoY growth of Instagram sponsored feed posts
- Key Finding #6: Lifestyle & Fashion Industries Lead the Way
- The New Standard in Influencer Marketing
Number of Pages:
Klear analyzed over 2.1 million Instagram sponsored posts worldwide that included #ad hashtags between Jan 1 – Dec 31, 2018.