84% of customers expect to see content-led emails from their favorite brands. So, marketers often struggle to generate ideas for engaging topics.
While 70% of B2B marketers planning to create more content in 2017 compared to the previous year, so you need to generate enough customer-led content to fuel your marketing strategy for years to come:
- 47% of B2B buyers in 2016 read 3 to 5 pieces of relevant content before engaging with a sales representative. That would help you deliver timely content that addresses any queries or reservations your customer might be having.
- Make sure you keep a continual watch of online forums related to your business, product and your wider industry.
- Engage in social listening from trending topics to group chats and #tags to specific mentions, there’s a fast-paced & fruitful conversation taking place across multiple platforms 24/7; all of this can be used to generate relevant content for your business.
- Do competitor research because that will help you identify key content areas that your contemporaries are pushing out to their subscribers.
- Use industry influencers because it bringing the power of influencer content to the point of sale trumpets the value of your products and services & helps customers feel they’re a part of an aspirational community.
- Utilize sites such as HitWise and UberSuggest to find out what your customers are searching for and then align your content campaigns with the most popular long-tail keyword searches related to your business/service.
- Repurpose information that’s constantly relevant to customers ensures you’re getting the best possible ROI for your efforts & minimizes time and resource pressures.
- Check your internal search queries on your website. You can find topics to include in your email campaigns.
- Create interesting stories for your customers through pulling data from your CRM, ESP, or e-commerce store.
- Nab from the news through lookout for events that align with your brand message.