Most parents get their kids’ school supplies list one month before school starts. Buyers start their research and purchase in July. The majority of back to school shoppers make researches on mobile and buy in-store.
So, retailers need to step up their game to compete in the new back-to-school shopping landscape. Read the major tips help you to rock your back to school marketing strategy in the upcoming seasons.
A Quick Glance at the Top Back to School Marketing Tips to Fuel Your Campaigns
- The research phase is the first and most important step you should do to make shoppers interested in your brand.
- 3 in 5 of online back to school searches happened on mobile in 2016 and one-third of back to school purchases are made on mobile devices. So, it’s essential to use omnichannel to optimize your mobile strategy.
- Moms are 43% more likely to make mobile purchases than other adults and dads will do 41% of their back to school shopping on mobile too. So, you need to understand your audience activities and put your campaign where your audience exists.
- Shoppers watch a lot of videos. So, design, integrate, repeat and unified campaigns across display channels.
- 84% of parents said that they won’t buy back to school items online without free delivery. So, don’t ignore the cost of the shipping factor.
- Women aged 25-44 years with kids are doing most of their searching online. So, be aware of the most used search keywords and key phrases to optimize your website.
Related: Digital Marketing Action Guide for an A+ Back to School Season
What’s in the “Data & Insights: Your Back to School Strategy Guide”:
- Trend Spotlight: Enjoy Your Summer, Then Shop.
- Tip: Get on their radar.
- Tip: Don’t throw away your (second) shot.
- Trend Spotlight Mobile is the First Touch.
- Tip: Omnichannel is oh so important.
- Tip: Be an opportunist.
- Trend Spotlight: Moms Are Just Part of the Story.
- Tip: Put your campaign where your audience is.
- Tip: Build and reach new audiences.
- Trend Spotlight: Shoppers Watch a Lot of Video.
- Tip: Campaign across channels. Integrate. Repeat.
- Trend Spotlight: Don’t Dare Charge for Shipping.
- Tip: Give now, invest for later.
- Trend Spotlight: Category is Expanding.
- Tip: Back to School is the other ‘New Year’.
- Tip: Convenience is king.
- Do your homework!
Number of Pages: