When consumers go shopping online, they’re usually looking for a specific product. Some of them might search for a product with a certain size or with certain features, while others might want a product from a particular business. Whatever search criteria your customers possess, you can reach them with SEO for retail sites.
Take a look at these stats:
- Over 44% of people start their online shopping journey with a Google search.
- 37.5% of all traffic to ecommerce sites comes from search engines.
- 23.6% of ecommerce orders are directly tied to organic traffic.
How To Find Keywords For Ecommerce Product and Category Pages
Most keyword research tutorials focus on “informational keywords” to discover helpful “how-to” content. But in ecommerce, the majority of your site’s keywords will be tailored around product searches. So, you need to tackle keyword research with product-focused keywords in mind. Here’s how:
- Amazon Suggest
- Keyword Tool Dominator
- Amazon (and Competitor) Categories
- Google Keyword Planner
Now, How to Choose Keywords for Ecommerce Product and Category Pages
You’re probably wondering, which keywords should I choose?
You can use this 4-step checklist to identify the best keywords for your ecommerce site:
- Search Volume: Check the Search Volume and identify what a “high volume” and “low volume” keyword is for your industry.
- Keyword-Product Fit: Double-check that the keyword you’re considering fits your site like a glove.
- Commercial Intent: Before you decide on a keyword, take a second to see if people using that keyword are ballers …or broke browsers. This is super-easy to do using Google Keyword Planner.
Download the guide now, put it into practice, and see how it affects your online store’s Google traffic and drives more sales.
Related Guide: Ecommerce Marketing in 2019: The Definitive Guide
The Content of “Ecommerce SEO: The Definitive Guide”:
- CHAPTER 1: Ecommerce Keyword Research
- CHAPTER 2: Ecommerce Website Architecture
- CHAPTER 3: On-Page SEO for Ecommerce Sites
- CHAPTER 4: Technical SEO for Ecommerce
- CHAPTER 5: Content Marketing for Ecommerce Sites
- CHAPTER 6: Ecommerce Link Building
Number of Pages: