Email marketing is a high-impact, low-cost way of delivering the marketing message to current and prospects customers. Building your email list is an essential step to contact your right audience. Your email list should be free of shortcuts, tricks or hacks to own a growing engaged list.
If you haven’t yet started building an email list read the below 7 tips would help you make the perfect one ever:
- Never buy a list. Make sure that every subscriber in your list is acquired through opt-in. That means that he asked to be on your list to hear from you.
- Use a sign-up form to grow your email list and add it in strategic places of your website, blogs, and social media channels.
- Collect the right data from the start in your sign-up forms and ensure to make your form short – 1-3 pieces of information – and collect only the information you need more.
- Gate your content in a strategic way to collect email addresses and leads.
- Keep your eye on your engagement metrics such as open, click-to-open and conversation rate to ensure that your email list is healthy.
- Cleanse your list regularly. The focus here is not growing a big list as much as building a healthy and engaged list.
- Provide valuable content to your subscribers or special offers.
The 7 Tips for Building an Engaged Email List Brought by Campaign Monitor