Can you guess what entrepreneurs actually miss? It is building sales funnels and marketing funnels.
What Is a Sales Funnel?
To understand this better let’s dive in to get to know what a sales funnel means, it is a step-by-step process that allows you to bring your possible customer one step closer to your offer and a buying decision through a series of marketing actions such as videos, articles, and automated emails.
So, now we know the meaning of it, let’s get to the reason why it is important and should not be missed.
Sales funnels are important as they turn your website visitors, into email subscribers and email subscribers into customers or clients and that what every marketer wants, they want to take the customers on the journey of the buying process.
Download the Oberlo new free e-book that will guide you through the process of setting up marketing and sales funnels from scratch. Also, you’ll learn how to map out the buyer’s journey, translate that to marketing and sales funnel, optimize conversion rates, track & measure success, and track analytics.
A Glance on the Buyer Journey Stages:
As mentioned earlier, a sales funnel is a journey where you take your customers on a buying journey from the beginning to the end.
The following, are the 4 stages of the buyer’s journey:
- Awareness: so this is the stage that customers discover your brand. However, they do not need to know much about it and this can happen on social media, websites, or advertising.
- Consideration: by this stage customers would be learning more about your service\product and what you re offering. They are expected to do things such as looking at the reviews, moreover, adding items to their shopping cart, and other things.
- Preference: bear in mind that a lot of marketers tend to skip this step and go straight to the purchase stage. Needless to say that at this stage, product reviews matter the most. In fact, 84% of shoppers trust online reviews just as much as personal recommendations.
- Purchase: here is the final stage, where finally, customers are ready to make a transaction.
Fogg Behavior Model Explains the Psychology of the Customer Journey
Tips on Creating a Sales Funnel:
With the following 7 tips, you will be able to create a well-crafted sales funnel:
- Make sure to test new ideas with A\B testing.
- Write targeted messaging on every page to stay focused and obvious.
- The headline message is important, make sure it matches the ad linked to the landing page.
- You can use video on your landing pages as this will increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Another important thing is to show your service or product service usage data.
- Ask for customer’ contact info.
- Opt for free trail services.
Related Article: How a Sales Funnel Can Improve Your Business
The Table of Content of “Sales Funnels: The Definitive Guide”:
Oberlo Guide: Sales Funnel
- Chapter 1: Building the Perfect Customer Journey
- Psychology of the Customer Journey
- Stages of the customer journey
- How to create your customer journey map
- Customer Journey Map Templates
- Chapter 1 Takeaways
- Chapter 2: Building a High-Converting Marketing Funnel
- How to map your marketing funnel
- How to Craft Top of Funnel (ToFu) Content
- How to Craft Middle-of-Funnel (MoFu) Content
- A Step-by-Step Marketing Funnel Template
- Chapter 2 Takeaways
- Chapter 3: How to Growth Hack Your Business Through FunnelHacking
- A step-by-step guide to funnel hecking
- Funnel hacking tools
- How to use funnel hacking to growth hack your business
- Chapter 3 Takeaways
- Chapter 4: How to Build a High Converting Sales Funnel
- Stages of a conversion funnel
- Sales funnel examples
- Chapter 4 Takeaways
- Chapter 5: A Step-by-Step Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization
- Essential conversion rate optimization terms you need to know
- How to conduct a CRO audit
- Conversion rate optimization examples (and case studies)
- Chapter 5 takeaways
- Chapter 6: How to use Google Analytics with Funnels
- How to set up Google Analytics
- Measuring analytics on your campaigns
- Other tools for measuring analytics
- Chapter 6 takeaways
Number of Pages: