When the COVID-19 hit the world, it affected everything starting from our daily life activities, work, to school. We can say that 2020 is the year everything has changed worldwide in all aspects. In this post, we will review how 2020 changed American life.
Without further ado, let’s know the insights about America in 2020.
America in 2020: 57% of Americans Used to Purchase Products Online At Least Monthly During the Second Quarter in 2020
When COVID-19 hit the world, everyone stayed home due to the lockdowns, no one had the ability to go shopping. However, one of the industries that have seen success because of COVID-19 is eCommerce and shopping.
- Based on the following chart, in Q2, 57% of Americans purchase products online at least monthly.
- On the other side, in Q4, the percentage increased to 61% of Americans who purchase products online at least monthly.
- According to America in 2020 insights, in Q2, 55% of Americans visit retailer sites/apps at least monthly. Besides, 58% of Americans did that in Q4.
- Moreover, in Q2, 54% of Americans visited eCommerce sites/apps, the percentage jumped to 57% in Q4.
15% of Americans Reported That They Own Smart Home Security in Q2:
Based on America in 2020 insight, America has seen an increase in smart device ownership according to the following chart:
- According to America in 2020 insight, in Q2, 43% of Americans said they have Smart TV. On the other hand, the percentage jumped to 50% in Q4.
- When it comes to TV streaming devices/sticks, 40% said they own it. However, in Q4, 44% said they own it.
- Based on America in 2020 insights, 26% of Americans said that they own a smart home voice assistant/speaker. The percentage jumped to 30% in Q4.
- The ownership for smartwatches in Q2 was 19%, on the other hand, it increased to 22% in Q4.
- America in 2020 insights reported that 15% of Americans reported that they own smart home security in Q2, in Q4 they increased to 17%.
- When it comes to the smart light/ lightbulb, only 12% of Americans reported that they own it, anyhow, the percentage increased to 14% in Q4.
Check the full “America in 2020” insights here.