Understanding consumer trends is very important for businesses. Moreover, staying up to date with changes in consumer priorities as well as their behavior makes you close to the consumer besides giving them the best experience they want.
We will review some insights regarding consumer trends in 2021.
41% Expect To Receive What They’ve Purchased Online In 2 To 3 Days
Online shopping has seen a great boost since COVID-19 because of lockdowns, and obviously, the consumer’s attitude and behavior towards delivery and shipping are evolving as well.
According to the consumer trends insights in 2021, online shoppers demonstrate an increased demand for fast and low-cost shipping.
Here is a chart that explains consumers’ online delivery expectations:
- The majority of consumers 41% expect to receive what they’ve purchased online in 2 to 3 days.
- However, 18% expect to receive what they’ve purchased the next day.
- Only 9% expect to receive something they’ve purchased the same day.
- As well as 4% who expect to receive what they’ve purchased in more than 7 days.
- Finally, 5% NA/ never shopped online.
10% Strongly Disagree That They’re Influenced By The Product With The Best Ratings/Reviews
- According to the consume trends insights, and consumers ‘ expectations when ordering online 70% Strongly agree that they’re influenced by the product with the best ratings/reviews
- However, 22% neither agree/disagree that they’re looking for the product with the lowest price.
- On the other hand, 12% strongly/somewhat disagree they’re influenced by product ratings/reviews that contain photos or videos
- 59% strongly agree that they’re looking for the product with the most impressive features.
- As well as 58% who strongly agree/somewhat agree that they consider purchasing products that are recommended to them and also they said they prefer shopping from retailers that offer flexible delivery options.
- 27% neither agree/disagree that they’re willing to spend more for a product for faster shipping.
- 28% strongly/somewhat disagree that they prefer shopping from retailers that offer flexible or other payment options
- 44% strongly/somewhat agree that they often use deal-finding browser extensions or plug-ins
- 32% strongly/somewhat agree that they’re looking for pre-owned products
For more information about the “consumer trends insights” check the full report here.