When it comes to successful leadership, attributes like vision, communication, integrity, and curiosity never go out of style. Marketing leaders must be able to build strong teams in the face of recruiting and retention challenges, keep up with the latest technologies, and driving growth. Leaders who introduce change and seek to align multiple functions or business units need to show a significant understanding of strategies, people, processes, systems, and also new technologies.
Take a glance at the top challenges that marketing leaders are facing in 2019:
- Driving growth is ranked as the most challenge that faces surveyed marketing leaders with a rate of 37.9%.
- Driving a powerful brand that breaks through the clutter is ranked as the second challenge that faces marketing leaders with a rate of 13.7%.
- Securing marketing budget comes at next as a marketing leaders challenge with a rate of 13.4%.
- Providing marketing ROI of marketing activities also listed as marketing leaders challenge with a rate of 10.8%.
- Hiring a top talent also ranked as a challenge for surveyed marketing leaders with a rate of 9.7%.
A Figure Shows Top Marketing Challenges That Faces Marketing Leaders, 2019.