Consumers are buying more online, and returns are an inherent part of the process. Digital shoppers have higher expectations than ever for an effortless and transparent purchasing and returning experience. It seems that many brands are indeed making the returns process simpler for their consumers. Online shopping returns is an issue nowadays that consumers carefully consider before they commit to buying a product, across all age brackets.
Take a glance at the features that can reduce brands online returns in US & UK, 2019:
- The detailed description of sizing is ranked as the most important factor that can reduce online returns by surveyed online shoppers with a rate of 48%.
- Photos of the product from different angels & accurate description of the entire product such as material types are ranked as the second important features that can reduce online returns by surveyed digital buyers with a rate of 42%.
- Videos of the products come at next as an important factor that can reduce online returns by surveyed online consumers with a rate of 37%.
- Sizing tool application that can help digital buyers to determine the correct size also listed as a feature that can help in reducing online returns with a rate of 35%.
- Trying the product before buying is also ranked as a feature that can support brands in reducing their online returns with a rate of 34%.
A Graph Shows How Brands Can Reduce Their Online Returns, 2019.