If media simply means communication, social media for sure can be defined as websites or other internet-based services where the content being communicated is created by the people who use the service, unlike the news website, where the content is created by a journalistic and editorial staff for mass consumption, on social media sites there is no clear cut separation between producer and consumer. No doubt that Snapchat has a peculiar and special relationship with the Arab world users.
Take a glance at Snapchat user’s insights in Egypt, 2018 by Crowd Analyzer:
- The total number of Egyptian Snapchat active users reached 2.7 million.
- The total number of male users are 700 thousand while female users are 1.2 thousand.
- The number of users who access the platform via Android devices are 2 million, compared to 600 thousand users who access via iPhone.
- The total number of millennial users is 2.6 million, while generation X users are 200 thousand users.
- The total number of users who access the platform who uses the Arabic interface is 1.3 million users, compared to 1.2 million users who use the platform in an English interface.
A Graph Shows SnapChat Users Insights In Egypt, 2018.