Social media analytics is the practice of gathering data from social media websites and analyzing that data using social media analytics tools to make business decisions. The most common use of social media analytics is to mine customer sentiment to support marketing and customer service activities. It does make sense that the social marketers mentioned that they couldn’t do their jobs without social media management and social analytics software.
Take a glance at how social marketers are using social data:
- 77% of surveyed marketers reported that they are using the social data to evaluate campaigns performance.
- 63% of social marketers said that they are using the social data to understand their target audience.
- 60% mentioned that they are developing creative content by using this social data.
- 59% indicated that they are gathering the social data to report it to the boss.
- 57% of social marketers are using social data to optimize the performance of their campaigns.
A Graph Shows How Social Marketers Use The Social Media Data in 2018.