Nowadays almost anyone with Internet access is using social media platforms, and as the numbers continue to rise, Companies are now trying to convert social media users to social shoppers. Companies are increasingly relying on social media channels to effectively reach their audiences. Social commerce is a subset of electronic commerce that involves social media, online media that supports social interaction, and user contributions to assist online buying and selling of products and services. Briefly, social commerce is the use of social network in the context of e-commerce transactions. Social shoppers are goal-oriented, rational actors, motivated by cognitive thinking making intuitive decisions, and seeking social savings.
Take a glance at the social shoppers’ brands or products discovery channels, 2019:
- Ads seen before online videos or TV shows start to play is ranked as the main brand discovery channel for surveyed social shoppers at a rate of 32%.
- Ads seen on mobile or tablet applications is ranked as the second brand discovery channel by surveyed social shoppers at a rate of 27%.
- Ads seen before online videos or TV shows start to play come at next as social shopper brand discovery channel at a rate of 23%.
- Updates on brands’ social media pages also listed as a social shoppers product discovery channels at a rate of 22%.
- Personalized purchase recommendations on websites also ranked as a brand or products discovery channel by surveyed social shoppers at a rate of 20%.
A Figure Shows The Social Shoppers Brand Discovery Channels, 2019.