As the whole world is dealing with the COVID-19 and how it has affected every industry around us and everyone. We have seen many platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok, take action regarding this crisis; recently, five COVID-19 innovations were published by Bill Gates.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft Founder Bill Gates had established what it will take for us to curb the swift spread of the coronavirus and go back to our normal lives.
Bill Gates mentioned that it is substantial to prepare for a pandemic and also there is a need to prevent another one from happening. Based on that, Gates has funded vaccine research in addition to global health efforts via the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Besides, helping to start the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, that is funding research on COVID-19 vaccines. On his blog, Bill Gates Said “The coronavirus pandemic pits all of humanity against the virus,” Gates said in the document, adding, “This is like a world war, except in this case, we’re all on the same side.”
Bill Gates’s Five Fundamental COVID-19 Innovations to Overcome the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- He assured the need to get a coronavirus treatment which is abruptly effective for people to feel comfortable going to big public events just like before. He said that if we don’t have any treatment that is that effective, we will need a vaccine to help us return to normal.
- Bill Gates acknowledged the challenges of developing a vaccine fast, he said that the typical immunization can take five years to bring to market. Additionally, he thinks that the 18-, month time frame given by government officials is probably but that ut could take longer or happen slightly faster.
- As for testing, it has a critical role in helping countries to open again and needs to be widely available for anyone dealing with symptoms of COVID-19, also for people who have come into contact with them. Bill Gates mentioned that performing a lot of coronavirus tests at home would be perfect.
- It is necessary to trace people who have been in contact with infected people, this is known to be contact tracing, which can help prevent outbreaks from flaring-up. Gates said it is important to hire more people to perform this work and that he expected many countries to follow Germany’s approach, which necessitates a lot of work.
- Another challenging part is the decisions about how to reopen different parts of the economy as it will require government leaders to weigh trade-offs, as mentioned by Gates.
Additionally, he said, schools should reopen quickly because they provide a huge benefit to society, on the other side big events like sports games should wait longer. Many other decisions will need to be made, he mentioned, such as how many people can be seated at a restaurant or how to reconfigure factories to scatter workers.