Across the 34 markets surveyed, 81% of all internet users have uploaded, shared a photo, a video or posted a review online in the last month with about 87% in the Middle East & Africa, and 75% in Europe.
The majority of these audiences are between 16 & 34 years old, and also most of the audiences’ time is spent online with a rate of 47%.
The primary focus of this report is the top 10 trends for 2017:
- Over half of Facebookers watch videos on the platform, while only 20% of Facebookers upload videos to the site, but on Snapchat a third are sharing videos, while on WhatsApp the figure reaches nearly 50%.
- 98% of the Middle East & Africa internet users have watched a video clip or visited a video-sharing site in the last month, compared to 93% globally.
#02 Snap Goes Through the Looking Glass
- Despite some high-profile releases, nothing so far has convinced mainstream consumers to embrace the benefits of wearable tech. Google Glass faced criticisms about everything from its price-tag, to its aesthetics, to its privacy credentials so Snap become the next company to bet big on smart glasses with their Spectacles. So, with 2015 and 2016 having both been incorrectly touted as the year of the “Wearable Revolution” by some commentators.
#03 The Future of Free
- Almost 6 in 10 ad-blockers (57%) said that ads are intrusive, annoying or that there are simply too many of them. Interestingly, though, 4 in 10 ad-blockers (39%) said they engage with some ads or have found brands/products via online advertising.
- 64% of internet users surveyed, said they used an online TV/film subscription service, while only 14% of them paid for the same service.
- 94% of internet users have at least one social media account.
- In the US 30% of adult Facebookers in this country turn to social media when they are researching products online. With 8 in 10 US Facebookers purchasing products online each month.
- 75% of Facebook users access Facebook more than once a day.
A Figure Shows The Snapchat Membership Among Millennials.