Studying Mom’s life is very important for marketers. 83% of new moms are Millennials with an average age 25.8 of a first-time mom in the US, and around the world, almost 8 in every 10 births are to millennials with over 100 million globally each year. That makes IAB and BabyCenter pay attention to moms and their key role in the purchasing process.
- Purchasing criteria of US Millennial moms have changed in 2015 than before. Safety comes as the most important criteria for US moms at a rate of 77%, then convenient for purchasing with a rate of 65%.
- US Millennial moms spend an average amount of $13,127 on a child annually. Groceries, food, and cleansers are the most category that they purchase.
- 1 in 4 of US Millennial moms do half or more of their shopping online at a rate of 45% of them focusing on natural/wholesome ingredients when making everyday purchases.
- Nearly 8 in 10 of US Millennial moms use their phone for shopping, while the in-store search for or download mobile coupons and search for better prices elsewhere.
- 81% of US Millennial moms use their smartphone for shopping when they are in-store, compared to 73% in Canada and 63% in the UK.
- US Millennial moms spend about 1.7 hrs online on PC/laptop, and about 2.3 hrs online on smartphones.
- 44% of US Millennial moms notice ads on NET of Laptop/PC/Smartphone/Tablet, compared to 36% in the UK.
- Pictures of babies and families are the most elements that are often featured in digital ads and get US Millennial moms attention.