Companies in Southeast Asia have been slow to adopt content marketing due to the conflict between instant gratification over ROI and the “slow burn” associated with a content marketing approach and some other reasons.
So in 2017, marketers across Southeast Asia will try hard to meet audience expectations in new ways. In addition, they’ll also utilize content marketing, combined with savvy digital distribution tactics.
- Businesses in APAC increased their production of content in 2016 as 63% of businesses planned to increase their content production in 2016.
- 70% of businesses felt their content marketing efforts were limited or basic so they intend to hire people with content marketing skill.
- 86% B2B of marketers globally use sales conversions as their main content marketing performance metrics.
- Marketers are struggling with the increased touchpoints in the buyer’s journey as only 1 in 3 marketers feel in control of customer touchpoints.
- Snapchat is more popular among Millennials and Gen Z age groups and this means that Snapchat will change the way B2B marketers create content.
- More than half of marketers in Southeast Asia are optimistic about the future of augmented reality.
- Hong Kong has the highest number of internet users who receive personalized marketing content through email, and Malaysia has the highest number through social media.
A Graph Shows The Most Effective Video Ad Types by Buyers’ Journey Stage.