Retailers nowadays strive to strike the right balance between meeting customer requirements, while also keeping an eye on consumer technology trends which will help them shape the future.
- Almost half of retailers (48%) reported that digital permeates most of their marketing activities, while only 16% of retailers said that digital permeates all their marketing activities.
- The retail sector ranked the 6th out of 15, behind gaming & gambling, media, technology, professional services and telecoms regarding themselves as digital-first.
- 78% of retailers surveyed agreed that they were combining digital marketing skills with analytics and technology.
- 66% of retailers surveyed said also that they had the tools which allow them for streamlined workflows between creative and content marketers/web teams, compared to 60% for non-retailers.
- Customer experience is the most important area of focus for 54% of retailers.
- Targeting, personalization and Social media engagement are the top tactical priority for retailers.
- Mobile marketing, personalization, email marketing & social media marketing are the top digital marketing channels retailers intend to increase their budgets in.
A Graph Shows to What Extent Does Digital Permeate Marketers Own Organizations Marketing Activities.