Based on a global survey of more than 14,000 digital marketers and e-commerce professionals across EMEA, North American and Asia Pacific markets,
these digital trends highlights some key challenges for businesses making the change, key insights from the research include:
- 46% of marketers surveyed said that digital permeates most of their marketing activities, up from 42% in 2016.
- 29% of marketers surveyed said they will seek to differentiate themselves from competitors by making customers experience on their properties easy, fun, and valuable, compared to 31% in 2016.
- 17% of marketers supposed that optimizing the customer experience is their biggest opportunity in 2016, followed by social marketing and creating compelling content for digital experiences, while 22% of marketers said optimizing the customer experience will be their most important opportunity in 2017.
- More than half of the marketers surveyed assume that their company’s budget plans for social media marketing, content marketing, and personalization as the top three priorities in 2017.
- Social media engagement, content marketing, targeting, and personalization are the top three digital-related priorities for their organization in 2017.
- 26% of client-side marketers feeling excited about the prospect of engaging audiences through virtual or augmented reality, 25% excited about connected devices and the Internet of Things (IoT) and 23% anticipating the utilization of artificial intelligence and bots to drive campaigns and experiences in 2017.
A Graph Shows The Digital Permeates of Marketers’ Organizations Marketing Activities, 2017.