A major breakthrough in online media has been achieved and has risen steadily in recent decades. Having the latest insight into key trends is critical to lead an effective strategy. GlobalWebIndex’s entertainment flagship reports provide the most important insights and the latest figures for online entertainment behaviors around the world.
The report investigates how media consumption varies by demographic and what the role played by entertainment in brand discovery, as well as the evolving relationship between linear and online TV.
A Glance at the Key Figures for Online Entertainment Behaviors Worldwide:
- The linear TV still leads online sources by 12%s when it comes to watching TV live but there’s a clear preference for digital sources over TV sets for using catch-up services (44% vs. 32%) and subscription services (47% vs. 25%).
- Netflix is now the top video streaming service in all regions, making significant headway in the Middle East and Africa and the Asia Pacific regions.
- 22% of 16-24-year-old internet users use VPNs to find entertainment content.
- Music streaming has the fewest users of the streaming media. It has the most potential to expand in European markets.
A Graph Shows the Percentages of TV Viewing by Market
Content of the “2018 Globalwebindex’s Flagship Report on the Latest Trends in Entertainment“:
- Key Insights
- Engagement with Online Entertainment
- The Music Streaming Market
- Brand Interactions & Entertainment
- Social Media & Entertainment
- Notes on Methodology
- More from GlobalWebIndex
Number of Pages:
Data in this report draws insights from GlobalWebIndex’s Q3 2018 wave of research across 44 countries, which had a global sample size of 113,992 (with 93,803 surveys completed on PC/laptop/tablet and 20,129 surveys completed on mobile).