With an installed base of over 2.1B subscribers worldwide across over 150 Tier 1 and Tier 2 fixed, mobile, WiFi, and satellite operators, Sandvine has launched its unparalleled annual report named ‘The Global Internet Phenomena Report’ which is the authoritative view on how applications are consuming the world’s internet bandwidth.
This edition of the report reviews the total volume of traffic for over 5300 distinct application signatures that are part of the Sandvine solutions and also highlights the trends that are driving bandwidth consumption around the globe.
Some Highlights of the Trends Shaping Networks Worldwide:
- The video is almost 58% of the total downstream volume of traffic on the internet.
- Netflix consumes 15% of the world’s internet bandwidth.
- More than 55% of internet traffic is encrypted, with growing adoption in TLS 1.3.
- Gaming is becoming an important force in traffic volume as gaming downloads, Twitch streaming, and professional gaming go mainstream.
- Alphabet/Google applications make up more than 40% of the total internet connections in APAC.
A Graph Shows the Top Downstream Traffic on the Internet in 2018
The Content of “2018 Internet Phenomena Report“:
- Section 1: Global News
- Highlights in This Edition
- Executive Overview
- Global Application Traffic Share
- Global Application Rankings
- Global Trends: Beyond the Top 10
- Section 2: Regional News
- Americas Downstream Traffic Share
- Americas Upstream Traffic Share
- Spotlight: Connected Fitness
- EMEA Downstream Traffic Share
- EMEA Upstream Traffic Share
- Spotlight: World Cup 2018
- Apac Downstream Traffic Share
- Apac Upstream Traffic Share
- Spotlight: Google
- Section 3: Spotlights
- Spotlight Streaming Video
- Not All Regions Are Created Equal When It Comes to Streaming
- Video Traffic Share. Netflix and Youtube Are Everywhere, but Local
- Streaming Is Increasing.
- Spotlight Gaming
- Spotlight Social Networking
- Spotlight Messaging
- Spotlight Streaming Audio
- Infographic Collection and Resources
Number of Pages: