Online shopping is an effective easy solution for a busy customer in today’s world. In the past few decades, there had been a massive change in the customer’s shopping habits. Despite consumers’ continuation to buy from a physical store, the users or buyers feel very convenient for online shopping. Online shopping saves crucial time for consumers they get so busy that they cannot or are unwilling to spend much time shopping.
Online shopping means using electronic commerce to buy products or services directly from the seller through the Internet. Internet-based or click and order business model has replaced the traditional brick and mortar, business model.
More and more people than before are using the web to shop for a wide variety of items, from houses to shoes to airplane tickets. Now people have multiple options to choose their products and services while they are shopping through an online platform.
In this regard, The Hosting Institute has launched its informative infographic which includes 89 enlightening insights and stats of eCommerce.
Let’s take a quick glance…
Online Retail Sales Continue Its Soar in 2019
- In 2018, retail eCommerce sales worldwide amounted to $2.842 trillion and are expected to reach $3.453 trillion by the end of 2019.
- eCommerce share of total global retail sales is expected to reach 17.5% of the worldwide sales in 2019.
- eCommerce is growing 23% YOY, yet 46% of American small businesses don’t have a website.
- 96% of Americans have made an online purchase in their life up from 80% in the past month alone.
- 64% of surveyed American consumers reported that they spend their budget in-store while 36% mentioned that they spend their budget online.
How Big Is the Role of Social Media in eCommerce
Much More Insights About The Role of Social Media in Ecommerce
Related: The State of Social Media in Retail, 2019 | Hootsuite
The Role of Email Marketing in eCommerce
- There will be more than 4.3 billion email users by the end of 2019. Gmails still the undisputed king of all email platforms.
- 91% of surveyed American online shoppers indicated that they want to receive promotional emails.
- 35% of surveyed online shoppers reported that they aim for discount offers when they decide to subscribe to a retailer list.
Much More Insights About The Role of Email Marketing in Ecommerce
How Consumers Shop Online in 2019
- 80% of online shoppers reported that they cancel their purchases due to the inconvenient returns policy.
- 43% mentioned that they abandoned their shopping cart when they found out that the shipping charges are too expensive.
- 78% said that they made online purchases on Amazon in the last six months.
- 25% believe that retailers are collecting their relationship status, salary and profession information.
- 36% indicated that they read customers reviews before making purchases.
- 22% mentioned that they are visiting the brand’s website before purchasing the brand products from Amazon.
How Consumers Shop on, or Because of, Amazon
Related: The Amazon Consumer Shopping Report, 2019
How Consumers Shop Online in 2019 — A Focus on the UK
- eBay tops all eCommerce marketplaces that the UK online shoppers purchase from.
- Instagram is the most used social media platforms by the UK online shoppers to make a purchase from.
- Convenience barely beats out price as a primary influencer for UK online buyers (26% Vs. 14%).
Stats About Online Buyers and the Privacy Issue
What’s in the “89 eCommerce Statistics; You Should Be Aware of in 2019” Infographic:
- How Big Is the Online Retail Sector?
- Social Media Ecommerce Statistics
- Shopping Cart Ecommerce Statistics
- Mail Ecommerce Statistics
- How the Generations Shop Online
- How Consumers Shop Across the Web
- How Consumers Shops on (or because of) Amazon.
- Consumers Least Favorite Part of Shopping Online
- Online Security Concerns Are Rising
- What Makes Consumers Purchase Goods
- Returns and Exchanges Data
- How People Shop Online in the UK
- How People Shop Online in Australia
Number of Pages: