Online mothers are spending almost an hour online every day. Smartphones are also the most important internet device used by them.
Here are an overview highlights of the digital life of moms:
- 94% of mothers own a smartphone, while 86% of them own PC/Laptop, and 51% of them own Tablet.
- Mothers are prolific multi-networkers with an average number of social media accounts totaled 8.36 social media accounts.
- Social media commands the lion’s share of online time per day among mothers, with nearly 2.25 hours thanks to the striking rise of mobile among this group.
- Facebook is the most popular service among online Mothers outside China.
- Each month, 2 out of 3 online mothers are using a music streaming service, with about 62% streaming live television.
- 82% of mothers have bought a product online last month, and the majority of the purchasing process have done on PC/Laptop and mobile devices.
- 32% are now blocking ads on their main computer, and 3 in 10 doing the same on their mobiles.
- 43% of mothers said they find brands through ads seen on search engines or TV, and 39% of them said they find brands through word of mouth recommendation.
Data were driven from over 8,780 mothers internet users in 34 countries around the world.