Facebook reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2016.
Here are the financial Highlights mentioned in the event:
- Facebook DAUs (daily active users) totaled 1.23 billion on average for December 2016, an increase of 18% year-over-year.
- 180 million DAUs around the world were in US & Canada, and 262 million of them were in Europe.
- Facebook mobile DAUs were 1.15 billion on average for December 2016, an increase of 23% year-over-year.
- Facebook MAUs (monthly active users) totaled 1.86 billion as of December 31, 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- 349 million MAUs were in US & Canada, and 673 million of them were in Europe.
- Facebook (MAUs) totaled 1.74 billion as of December 31, 2016, an increase of 21% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising achieved revenue more than payments and other fees, as mobile advertising revenue represented around 84% of advertising revenue for the fourth quarter of 2016, up from around 80% of advertising revenue in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- The highest advertising revenue, and mobile advertising revenue accrued in the US and Canada, as it totaled 4.435$ million and 5.556$ million respectively.
- Facebook payments and other fees revenue decreased significantly in Q4 2016 to reach 180$ million compared to 204$ million in Q4 2015.
- Facebook GAAP net income in the full year ended December 31, 2016, totaled 3.568$ million, and the non-GAAP net income totaled 4.150$ million.
A Graph Shows The Daily Active Users of Facebook, 2016.