It’s clear that there are a number of key challenges that face brands if they are to grow in the digital economy, but the upside is huge for those who get it right.
via 120 global clients asked about their views of the digital economy and the faced challenges, as they seek to grow and scale their businesses, you can find the core challenges facing brands indicators:
- There are now more than 3.6 billion internet users globally, equating to almost 50% of the world’s population.
- Those who do invest in digital transformation are 26% more profitable than industry peers.
- 43% of the world’s population made a purchase online, by the end of 2016.
- e-commerce enabled via “shoppable tags”, video formats are becoming increasingly shoppable, too.
- Voice search allows brands to deliver more relevance to consumers, Google announced that 20% of all searches now have voice intent.
- the world becomes more interconnected and globalized, cross-border commerce presents a noticeable opportunity for brands to scale.
- 57% of shoppers bought from an overseas retailer in the past 6 months.
- Messaging apps have seen huge growth over the past few years and now outpace social networks in terms of numbers of monthly active users.
A Graph Shows The Digital Marketing Economy Challenges, 2017.