Using mobile devices has changed the way people treat the world around them. A sample of 11,964 opt-in Google users in the US was surveyed to identify how people use devices to enable marketers to be useful for their customers choosing the moments that matter.
- The smartphone is the most used device (80%), followed by computer then tablets.
- 27% of users only use a smartphone on an average day, while only 14% of users use a computer.
- People spend around 170 minutes using a smartphone, 120 minutes using a computer, and 75 minutes using a tablet.
- 39% of users search only on their smartphones on their average day, followed by computers at a rate of 32%, then tablets with a rate of 28%.
- Auto (+30%), apparel (+40%), and travel (+25%) are the top items people search for on their devices.
- 42% of users who watch YouTube do so on their smartphones with more than 40 minutes for the average YouTube mobile viewing session.
- 94% of internet users browse the web on an average day. 71% of them browse on a smartphone, and also an equal rate (71%) browse on a computer.
A Figure Shows The Search Volume by Device During an Average Day.