Again, Snapchat’s Q2 2018 earnings report is all kinds of sad. It included its first-ever decline in daily active users following a highly controversial decline. Snapchat’s daily active users decreased by 1.5% to 188 million this quarter, down from 191 million and a positive 2.9% user growth last quarter.
Here are the key numbers for the second quarter of 2018:
- Revenues of Snapchat in Q2 2018 totaled $262.3 million, up 44% year-on-year.
- Snapchat’s advertising revenue grew 48% year-over-year.
- Average revenue per user (ARPU) increased 34% to $1.40 in Q2 2018.
- Free Cash Flow accounted $234 million in Q2 2018, up from $229 million in Q2 2017.
- Net loss decreased 20% to record $353 million in Q2 2018, compared to a net loss of $443 million in Q2 2017.
A Graph Shows the Free Cash Flow of Snapchat in the Second Quarter of 2018