Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said, “10 years ago, most of what we shared and consumed online was text. Now it’s photos, and soon most of it will be video”. Today, the “video-first” has become a reality for consumers and marketers alike.
To find out how video is making an impact nowadays in the US How are consumers watching? And what are marketers doing to reach viewers? Here are some highlights:
- 64% of consumers said that watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision in their last month.
- 92% of marketers made videos with assets they already have.
- 84% of video views are via mobile devices.
- 47.8% of consumers reported preferring live video compared to 52.2% for pre-recorded video.
- 81% of marketers optimized their social videos for mobile viewership, including 39% that are creating a square and/or vertical videos.
- 83% of marketers reporting that they are confident that Facebook video content will drive purchases.
- The top 3 channels for watching videos – daily – from brands are Facebook (60%), Instagram stories and Snapchat with a rate of 59% & 58% respectively.
Data were driven from a sample of 1,000 US consumers learned about social media & video marketing practices, besides 500 US marketers their companies have creates at least 2 videos in the past year.